Working closely with the IT deployments team, you will oversee and assist with the installation, maintenance, and remediation of deployed network technologies to help build and maintain our clients’ regional office IT infrastructure. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, experienced with structured cabling and IT device installations, has extraordinary written and verbal communications skills, has a strong aptitude for problem solving, has strong project and vendor management skills, embraces cross-team collaboration, prides themselves with staying on the cutting edge of enterprise IT technologies, and has a passion for customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish relationships with North American offices and act as the first point of contact for IT deployment needs.
- Design IT network deployments in concert with the Network Engineering team to accommodate IP camera infrastructure, and access control.
- Manage integration vendors, supply chain distributors, and internet service providers to resolve issues quickly and ensure scope of work agreements are being met.
- Track any bugs or system malfunctions while providing strong documentation of issues for team awareness.
- Develop proactive procedures for periodic system updates, testing and validation of functionality for all the IT equipment.
- Collaborate with Workplace Services, Real Estate, Physical Security and other build teams to provide planning, coordination, logistics and execution for network deployments to execute low voltage and high voltage planning.
- Provide documentation and cross training for IT Ops team members on basic troubleshooting procedures, as well as best practices.
- Maintain hardware inventories in concert with the Warehouse Inventory Operations team.
Identify when equipment replacement purchases or upgrades are needed and escalate to corresponding team members.
- Provide cross functional communications on project status and follow up on punch list items with integration vendors on regional builds and commissioning network deployments.
- Maintain system configuration files and infrastructure “As-Builts” in collaboration workspaces such as Google Drive.
- 3-5 years of previous work experience in a similar role and minimum high school diploma.
- Expertise in structured cabling (Cat5E, Cat6, Cat6A), Optical Fiber cable Installation, and Data center deployments. Racking various types of network switches.
- General knowledge of power backup systems such as Eaton uninterrupted power supplies.
- Strong Communications skills – written and oral.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours and a modified work schedule.
- Proficiency with troubleshooting enterprise and professional network technologies including Arista, Juniper and Fortinet.
- Familiarity with wireless infrastructure. Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) for in building cellular coverage, building emergency responder radios, and trunked radio system infrastructure.
Sitting or standing for long periods of time working on a computer (typing), occasional lifting of network equipment at 50lbs or less.